Friday, January 18, 2008

Hardest so far...

So here is my problem...I keep forgetting about not buying anything new when it comes to small things...

A baptismal card for Baby Max. Usually I would just run out and pick out a cute card for whatever occassion. However, Wed night I sat down and made one for Max. It turned out very cute and was pretty fun. I'm not sure how I will feel when I am in a hurry and need a card right away.

A book on CD...Usually when we make the trip to SD, we go to the library or Cracker Barrel and rent books on tape for the trip. We forgot and when we stopped in Sioux Falls for gas, the gas station had some for sale. Tony and I were reading about some of them and I commented on how expensive they were. Tony says to me, "yeah, and they aren't used." Here I was ready to buy one to help make the trip pass more quickly. Good thing Tony was there. We actually ended up driving about 20 minutes out of our way to a Cracker Barrel and rented one. We would never have done that before. We would have just bought the new one.

-Lori

2 comments:

KB said...

I Did something similar in 2006 for my new years resolution. I could not buy anything for myself. Children yes, spouse yes. It lasted about 4 months and my spending habit have radically changed since then because of it. But I did truly realize how easily money sifted through my hands for no real need. Wasteful was the word that kept popping into my head.
lori homemade cards and gifts are the best kind. If you wanna get together and make cards with me I'd love the company.

Anonymous said...

The homemade card for Max was so sweet! It's one of the only cards from the Baptism that I'm planning to save... because it was really special that you made it yourself! (plus it had a picture of the cutest baby in the world on it... how could I throw that away??)